Sunday, June 1, 2014

Thirty Seven and Thirty Eight Weeks Old

Actual: Thirty Seven weeks (May 19 - 25)
Corrected: Twenty four weeks
Weight: 14 lb. 6 oz. (May 25th)

I took Evan in to the doctor this week because I had some general concerns about Evan. It had been been a few months since Evan had been in to the doctor anyway. The doctor okayed Evan to start on solids. I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

Evan's grandma from far away visited for the long weekend. Evan had a blast with her. She also helped Evan with his first solid meal!

I pulled out the pumper again so I can mix breast milk in with the oatmeal. I definitely do not miss pumping. I'm only going to pump enough to make milk cubes for the oatmeal. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to wean Evan from oatmeal and milk. I just want his first solid food experience to go as smoothly as possible. Selfishly, I also love knowing that Evan is as chunky as he is because of my milk. It makes me so happy to look at him and know that my milk is helping him grow big and strong.

Evan wasn't too sure about the oatmeal at first. I made sure it was really runny and I think that kind of confused him. Grandma had the best luck feeding Evan. I think it's because she has a bit more experience in the area.

Video: Evan's unsure about his new hat
Video: Evan likes oatmeal


Momma! I'm in the jungle... fishermen don't belong in the jungle!


Hey guys! Guys! Look at my mohawk!


This, Grandma, is called a rattle. Let me show you what it does.


Just reaching for monster.


Tell me more about the wocket!


Oh, I can help.


Got my hand.


But I'm not done eating! I'm still hungry!!


Oh, you just wanted to strip me down. Okay. Continue feeding me.


Oooo, I like this thing. Let me figure out how to put it in my mouth.


Now what?


Just hanging out with Grandma. (I think I'm a distraction from working!)


Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! I love oatmeal!

Actual: Thirty eight weeks (May 26 - June 1)
Corrected: Twenty five weeks
Weight: 14 lb. 10 oz. (June 1st)

Not too many updates this week. Evan is getting sturdier while he sits (assisted). 

We feed Evan in his swing seat on top of the dining room table. (Don't worry, we never leave him up there unattended and he's strapped in around the waist.) The seat is a little reclined which is good for Evan since he still tends to curl up like a potato bug after he sits for more than a few minutes. We're practicing sitting in the high chair a few times a day so hopefully he'll be ready to sit in it soon!

Evan tried yams this week. They were super easy to make and I really enjoyed pulling out my food mill. I'm hoping I have the stamina to make all/most of Evan's food. So far, so good. Haha.


It's not a problem to feed me around my thumb right?

I like learning about dinosaurs Daddy.

You call these yams, huh?

They're awesome. I love yams.

You're saying my cousin was done with these toys? But why?! They're awesome!!

*Blows raspberry at Gma* 

Giggle. Do I have something on my arm?

Momma, I'm pretty sure you're acting like one of those people that they
have lawsuits and warnings for. Get me off of this table!

Again, work around the thumb. You can figure it out.

Errhhggggg. Must get this sock off.

I have no humor left. Give me the toy that you're using to bribe a smile out of me.

I think I'm still too little for my high chair Momma.

Week 2: Still messy eater.

Yes. I know I have a toy on top of my head. I put it there for safe keeping.

Oh, we're at Can River? Snore.

Sunday morning sittin' on the couch with my puppies and Gma.

No comments:

Post a Comment